Thursday, March 31, 2011

Flow it, show it, dig it out of your salad...

Hair is everywhere. My hair.

Clinging to the couch cushions. Floating and moving along the hardwood floors. Covering the bathtub drain.

It's stuck to Aida's body at bath time and wrapped around her slobbery fingers at play.

The other night, as I finished up making salads for dinner, I noticed a strand running through the red leaf lettuce.

"I saw that," Steve said after I tried quietly to pull it from the plate.

In truth, you'd be hard pressed to find any surface in this house that is 100 percent hair-free. For the past two months, I've been shedding ridiculous amounts -- another whotheheckknewthiswasasideeffectofpregnancy situation.

Turns out, your body holds onto your hair when you're pregnant. So, you don't lose it at the rate of a normal human being.

But hold onto your hats (heh heh) after that baby's born, because you could be bald before you know it. Hair loss is in overdrive.

Poor Aida. She's gonna be so embarrassed by her bald mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment