Friday, September 30, 2011

Up at night

It's 2:30 a.m. We have to be up at 5. Our flight to New Orleans leaves at 7:15.

I had a hard time falling asleep after spending a several hours expertly packing everything I need to keep me and Aida alive and happy for three days and four nights away from home.

I feel like I'd just fallen asleep and forgotten all my worries when she awoke, crying. I fed her, changed her, rocked her.

Now she's humming to herself in the dark of her crib.

Because the worries that were keeping me awake earlier came flooding back, I thought I'd get online and do a little research to see if I could help inform said worries and put them to rest.

Yeah, that worked.

Reminds me of how I spent many an early morning hour this time last year: wide awake with a computer balanced on my giant belly, thinking about the not-to-distant future and wondering how in the world we would make it.

Gotta believe everything will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment