Monday, June 13, 2011

Learning to crawl

Last night was one of those nights that experienced parents warn you about when you're seven months pregnant and filled with bliss over your impending arrival.

Oh, the spirit-crushing words of advice that serve no purpose other than to burst your joy: "Get your sleep while you can!" "Enjoy life now!" "You know your life is about to change, right?"

I think I speak for all expectant mothers when I say, "I get it. Yes. Now leave me alone while I hormonally obsess over what fabric to use for the nursery curtains."

So, anyway, last night: I got no sleep as Aida got no sleep and, come morning, chose to stay home from work in an effort to make up for it.

Sadly, sweet Aida's day was not a whole lot better than her night.

But there was one big highlight. Because I was home, I got to witness this:




With any luck, we will both sleep more peacefully tonight.

1 comment:

  1. i like the reach and squeak. hope the nights have gotten better.

    ReplyDelete