Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Look at me now!

When I was watching Aida walk and climb on the jungle gym this morning, my memory flashed to a book my parents used to read to me and my sister. "Look at me now!" had a cover the color of split pea soup and it was all about growing from a teeny-tiny baby to a Big Kid, capable of doing everything from walking and playing with a ball to, you guessed it, using the Big Kid potty.

I don't know what I thought would happen before I became a parent, but I certainly didn't realize how fast an infant moves from barely being able to sit up or make intentional noises like laughter to climbing stairs and fetching shoes on demand.

I mean, three weeks ago, Aida still preferred crawling over walking.

Now, she's, well ...



and



(oh, and the buzz you're hearing is from the parks workers edging and mowing, not a huge bee...)

I mean, seriously. Look at her now!

2 comments:

  1. a blur. try as we might to capture it, all this is a blur. (like most roller coasters, right?) amazing.

    ReplyDelete