Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy birthday tricks



Aida turned five months old today. And what did she do to celebrate?

She rolled over!

Yep. She's a big girl now. Next thing you know, she'll be taking Daddy's Corvette out for a spin without his permission.

I wasn't here when it happened, but according to my mother, Aida rolled from her back to her front twice while she was in the crib, swaddled and napping.

The first time, she cried out, apparently startled by her performance. The second time, my mom said, she just whimpered softly. "Please, come help me!"

So now, the pressure's on to get that swaddle off her while she sleeps. It's a bad idea to have her all bound up and flopping over on her front side. Poor darlin.

That's why I'm very pleased to report that Aida has been sleeping comfortably since 6 p.m. with one arm out of the swaddle. Hooray!

Maybe this weaning thing is going to be easier than I thought.

Since I unsuccessfully tried forcing her out of the swaddle a few times in the last two months, I'd given it a rest. Turns out she knew exactly when she was ready.

What a good baby.

I should really try listening to her more.

(Note: The above video was filmed on April 8, when she was practicing rolling over with a little help from Daddy. Sadly, no video exists of today's accomplishments.)

Anyway, here's what she looked like when I got home from work tonight. (Yeah, I know, she looks WAY more sophisticated now that she has the whole rolling over thing down.) 

The birthday girl at 5 months. April 12, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment