Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Milk run

I had to run home for lunch today. Not mine. Hers.

With Aida's recent growth spurt, I'm still having a hard time keeping enough extra breast milk in stock to keep her fed when I'm away. So, the last week of work days, I've had to dash home to re-up her supply, then dash back.

Anyway. That's not why I'm writing. I'm writing because when I got home for the milk run, I peeked in on Aida and my mom in the nursery, where mom was preparing to put her down for a nap. When Aida and I made eye contact, boy oh boy, the girl started yucking it up like I was a friggin comedienne, laughing her laugh and smiling her smile and blurting out unrecognizable exclamations of crazy joy.

All that noise from little ole her for little ole me. And to think I thought I was living before she came along...

1 comment:

  1. amazing how a kid adds such unexpected depth to life. may wonders never cease :-)

    ReplyDelete